Monday, January 9, 2012

When Photogs Walk

New Year's Eve....
High Noon....
A group of geeky photogs gather in the parking lot of Oddfellows. We get sneered at, and informed we are blocking the sidewalk. No matter! We have gear in hand, and soon people are avoiding us as if we are paparazzi. This lovely group are my friends, and we are about to embark on a walk through one of Dallas's finest gems, The Bishop Arts District.

The Bishop Arts district is a mini Austin Sixth Street in our very own Oak Cliff. OK! I know! I say "Oak Cliff" and instantly, if you know Dallas, the mind flips to a "bad part of town", and run down houses. Fear not my friends!! You will indeed find yourself safe here. You will also find a host of glorious little stores filled with trinkets galore, and restaurants with some of the finest food in this town. Eno's, Oddfellow's, The Soda Factory, and Dude, Sweet Chocolate to name a few.

Together with my dozen photog friends, we explored a bit of the area and shot some great photos on this beautiful and unseasonably warm New Years Eve. Fun was had for all! If you get a chance, travel over to The Bishop Arts District. You won't be disappointed.
To see more of my work, go to my website http://www.anneelliottphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment