Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Reflections of Another Garden

The photo above was taken at our old house. We had taken a lot of time and effort to develop a beautiful side yard that became home to some of my favorite blooms. The rose is a Marylin Monroe. A creamy pink blossom with a mild scent. The background is my Hydrangeas.

I ran across this photo the other day while working on Grace's photo book. I found myself reminising about my garden, and the hours it took to put up the wall. The sod cutter we rented to attempt to remove the grass. Us working after dark and by the light of a workshop flood. How I loved my bushes, and flowers! I don't dare drive by now because I'm sure that it hasn't beenn trimmed or cared for the way I would have. So I hold on to the memory of those large beautiful blooms. The happiness they brought to me and my family.

I anxiously await turning my current little assortment of plants that were planted with my house into something that is truly my own. Look out Covington's Nursery I have a wish list, and you will probably get to know me once again by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment